This work package will:
(1) analyse and evaluate in depth the three identified potential hybrid system concepts and
(2) develop the selected concept into a modular and scalable hybrid battery system architecture for waterborne transport allowing storage capacities of over 1 MWh and
(3) design such battery system at 300kWh with a reduced cost compared to current state of the art. The preliminary design of all the battery system components will be addressed within WP3, which later will be designed and developed in WP4 in order to be assembled as a battery system in WP5 and finally validated in WP6. Explicit attention is given to verify that the proclaimed cost reductions are achieved. The cost reduction of the battery system is verified continuously during the evaluation work in the first 2 years of the project and updated with final lessons-learned from other work packages at the end of the project.
The following reports are (or will be) available. When confidential information is included a public summary will be at your disposal.
- Evaluation and selection of architectural concepts (public summary) (D3.1)
- Integrated safe, modular & flexible battery system architecture (public summary) (3.2)
- Preliminary 300kWh battery system design (public summary) (D3.3)
- Final architecture and associated cost reduction of the system (Public summary) (D3.4)